7 July – 11 July, 2014
Start your day with an energizing hatha flow session and find the stillness with a meditative slow evening yoga class. Santorini in July offers the right holiday feel. We will practice on a secluded outdoor terrace overlooking the Aegean sea. The retreat will take place in Caveland.
About Caveland: Caveland or a ” tennis club” is a former 4 star hotel and a tennis club which was refurbished and re-opened in 2011 as a boutique hostel. It is a 15 000 sqm large complex situated in a picturesque village of Karterados just next to Fira town which is the capital of the island. It lies on the main bus route connecting Fira with the south of the island and therefor ideal if you wish to dicsover the island and still be away from the crowds.
During the retreat you will
- Learn more about the postures so you can maximize their benefit
- Morning classes will have an active character and we will practice hatha or hatha flow yoga
- Evening classes will have a slow pace. You will get introduced to yin yoga, yoga nidra, guided meditation, restorative yoga and yoga against the wall.
Price: 230 Euro/ 1 person
Price includes: all the yoga and breakfast
The fee is paid online (online transfer or Paypal) before your arrival.
- morning class: 8am-9.30am
- evening class: 6.30pm-8pm
The retreat starts with the morning class on Monday (July 7) and ends with the evening class on Friday (July 11)
Minimum number of participants: 3, maximum number of participants 10.
Option 1: Caveland
Caveland is a lovely 300 years old winery. We have refurbished it with my husband and opened up the space as a hostel in May 2011. The venue is very spacious and besides dorm rooms we also offer accommodation in private caves that are suitable for guests looking for their own privacy. Caveland has numerous gardens, hidden corners with views and a big pool that you can use. Here is Caveland website.
Price and description:
- Private Cave with a private bathroom: 70 Euro/night/cave (occupancy up to 2 people)
This cave has a double bed or 2 separate beds, private bathroom and a small kitchen corner. It is suitable for couples, 2 friends or a single traveler.
We have 3 caves with a double bed and 2 caves with 2 separate beds.
- 4 Bedroom private apartment: 100 Euro/ night/ apartment (occupancy up to 4 people)
This apartment has 2 separate bedrooms (one has a double bed, another one has 2 separate beds), private bathroom and a small kitchen. It is suitable for a group of 2 to 4 friends.
We have 1 apartment available.
- If you are looking for more economic solution, check out the rooms with a shared bathroom or dorms at www.cave-land.com. The prices are 17 – 50 Euro/night depending on the type of bed and room you choose.
Option 2: Pension Stella or Villa Pelekanos
You can book your accommodation also with the nearby studios that are a walking distance from Caveland (5 minutes). You can find more information at the following websites and also proceed with the booking of your accommodation:
Other options and recommendations on accommodation
Our village Karterados is 15 minutes with a bus away from Fira town and from Kamari and the yoga students in past enjoyed their accommodation at these two locations as well.
Continental breakfast with a variety of fruit and home-made cake, all served as a buffet in our garden.
If you are interested in this retreat, just email me at email@example.com . I will send you an application form and advice on the payment.