YOGA FOR EXPECTANT MOTHERS WHO COMPLETED 14 WEEKS OF THEIR PREGNANCY UNTIL BIRTH.
Yoga in pregnancy is an excellent tool that enables pregnant women to enjoy their pregnancy and prepares them for birth. Prenatal yoga underlines fluidity of the movement and connection with the breath and baby. The moves are simple and easy and help to promote general physical and emotional well-being. No previous experience with yoga is required.
One class is 60 minutes long.
The classes take place in Caveland, Karterados: Directions and website
Price: 50 Euros for a 5-class pass (valid for 7 weeks)
Walk-in participation: 10 Euros
PRACTICES AND BENEFITS:
Prenatal yoga includes various techniques with enormous benefits.
- Introduction and practice of breathing techniques. Breath helps with fatigue and stagnation of the body energies and promotes relaxation of the body and mind. Once familiar with breathing techniques Mums can use them much easily during the labor and birth.
- Gradual work through all the body parts with an accent on dynamic and fluid moves, mobility of pelvic and opening of side body.
- Exercises that strengthen the arms, legs and buttocks and give Mums strength for the labor and caring of the baby afterwards.
- Pelvic floor exercises that tone pelvic floor and teach the Mums to release and relax with exhalation.
- Partner practices, poses with the wall and introduction to walking techniques. All these practices help to release tension, teach mums to trust others and build better connection with their body.
- Relaxation, visualization, sound practices and meditation techniques that will help Mums to remove fear of labor and help them to connect with their body and the baby.
All the props and mats are provided. If you are interested to participate, get in touch with me over email or phone and book your space at the class.